FAQs: Resident & Parent/Guarantor Information
Are you pet friendly?
- Although we love our furry friends we cannot allow them to reside at University Plaza!
How can I pay my rent?
- Rent is due on the first of the month and you can use either a check or money order. Payments are accepted in our on-site management office Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. You can also pay online using our Resident Portal. Just click the Current Residents tab on the left hand side of our website and you will be redirected.
Is parking available?
- For residents who wish to bring a car, we offer a limited number of parking spaces. Parking is a one-time charge of $160.
Do I need a lease guarantor?
- We screen all our applicants and require a guarantor or additional security deposit on all leases. The security deposit varies by floor plan. You can ask a leasing specialist by calling our office today!
Are utilities included?
- University Plaza is an all-inclusive property! This means we not only include all water, sewer and trash collection but also offer free high speed internet and cable.
- There is a one-time utility setup charge of $75.
What is an individual lease?
- When you sign an individual lease, you are only responsible for your own rent. You will not be liable for the rent of any other resident, regardless of whether you are sharing the same apartment. This is a significant advantage over the joint leases that are commonly used at other rental properties where each resident is liable for the rent of all residents residing in the unit.
What if I don't have a roommate in mind?
- We've got you covered! We can pair you up with a roommate that shares similar interests. All you need to do is complete a Roommate Matching Form and leave the rest up to us!
Do I have to schedule an appointment to take a tour?
- Walk-in tours are always welcome! Leasing specialists are available all week long to show you around and answer any questions.
Is Renter's Insurance Required?
- Yes, our community requires each resident carry an active tenant liability policy for damage to the landlord’s property during the term of their lease. We require a minimum of $100,000 in general liability coverage and also recommend contents coverage, or personal property insurance.
Important Documents & Disclosures
Past Resident Portal
If you are a past resident, please click here to be redirected to our payment portal for past residents.